Thursday, 31 December 2015

Top 5 books read in 2015


As we bid farewell to 2015 this year, I wanted to make of list of the top 5 books that I read this year. While I didn't read too many books, the books that I did read this year were amazing - so it was really difficult to write this list!

But here they are, my top 5 books that I read in 2015!



Because You'll Never Meet Me

This is actually probably one of my favourite books of all time, so of course it deserves a place on this list. It's a lovely book about disability and life and hope - it's so enthralling, and it just really makes me smile. I really recommend getting your hands on it - everyone should read it! It's such a refreshing read. I'm definitely going to reread it next year as well. If you'd like to hear a bit more about the plot, and more of my thoughts on it, you can read my review here.



This is another truly amazing book. It's a lovely romance, but it's also a really honest book about mental illness. With characters who you'll love (and who will make you cry, I guarantee it) I really recommend reading this, too - but only if you have some tissues handy! If you'd like to read more of my thoughts on it, you can read my review of it here.



OMG - this book. This book has honestly renewed my interest and love of sci-fi books. It's such a refreshing read, and a real page turner - you won't be able to put it down, the story is so captivating! I could just go on and on about how good this book is, but then this post would be far too long. If you'd like to hear more about my thoughts on it (and the story) then please check out my review here.

Unspeakable by Abbie Rushton



This is such a refreshing, adorable book. It's a really enthralling mystery, intertwined with a LGBT romance. It's so well written - one minute I was on the edge of my seat because of the mystery, and a few minute later I was was smiling over the really lovely depiction of fist love. It's so good - and is definitely a book to read if you want to have a massive smile on your face when you reach the last page! You can hear more of my thoughts on the book if you check out of my review here.

Solitaire by Alice Oseman



This is another great book that features an honest depiction of mental illness - but it's also much more than that.  An amazing mix of mystery, romance and really realistic portrayals of teenagers, 'Solitaire' is a book that I'd recommend to everyone, but especially to fans of YA, 'The Catcher in the Rye', and all teenagers. But it's very much a must read, and one that you will find thinking about days after finishing it - the characters and the story are so captivating and memorable. You can read more of my thoughts on it in my review, here.

So there they are, my top 5 books that I read in 2015! Do you agree with my choices? Let me know!

I'd also like to give the following books an honourable mention - because, like I said, it was really difficult list to whittle down. Here are some more great books that I read this year that you should definitely read, too-:

The Ables by Jeremy Scott - a book about disabled superheroes as they fight to enter a school competition, try to master their powers, and save the world. Yes, it's as good as it sounds!  

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson - a book about two twin siblings as they try to adjust to life after their mother dies. It's a really good book, and you can read more about the story and how good I thought it was in my review.

Happy New Year - I hope you all have a great 2016!


1 comment:

  1. I read Solitaire and I'll Give You The Sun and adored them! I'll have to check out the others on this list :)

    ReplyDelete