Wednesday, 30 December 2015

New Year's Resolutions: 2016!






Blimey, is it just me, or did 2015 go really quickly? It doesn't feel that long ago that I sat down to write my new year's resolutions for this year... Wow. 

In all honesty, 2015 hasn't been too bad at all! I've had some amazing experiences and I'm really excited for what 2016 brings. 

I've decided that instead of doing a post just listing my new year's resolutions (like I always do!) I'm going to review last years resolutions, too. Just so I can see how I did - hopefully meaning that I start to do better and better with carrying them out!


So here's how I did with my 2015 resolutions:

1) Read more (It's shocking how little I've read this year, so when I have some free time from college, I'll definitely get to work on my to-read list.)

According to Goodreads, I read 14 books this year - but I think I read a few more that I forgot to put onto my Goodreads shelf! So let's say that I read about 16 books this year. I know it doesn't seem very many but I'm really, really  proud of this! Especially considering I only usually read about 4 or 5 books in a year. 

2) Write more (I have so many book ideas and blog posts I want to write, so it shall hopefully be done this year, if college allows!)

This year was the first year that I tried to do Camp Nanowrimo (I've tried to do Nanowrimo for a few years and failed, so thought that trying in another month might make it easier). I'm so pleased with this one as well - because I won! I finally won Nanowrimo and I wrote the first draft of a novel in July this year! I've also been chosen as one of the Foyle Young Poets 2015. So I can't believe how well I've done with this one. It's amazing! (Although this is partly thanks to my Arts Emergency mentor Nicole, who's given me so much more confidence with my writing since I met her in July. Thank you!)

3) Revise and get at least my predicted grades in my AS level exams.

My predicted grades were BBB - and I got ABB! (My English Lit exam is being remarked as well, so that B might well go up). But I did really well with this resolution too - I can't believe it! 

4) Try not to get as stressed about things! (I worry A LOT. So hopefully if I write this down it might help).

I don't think I've done too bad with worrying! Considering I've had exams and things this year I've done really well with managing my anxiety. 

So all in all - I think I did really well with my 2015 resolutions. I'm really surprised, and really pleased! Hopefully I can do even better with them this year! We'll see ;)

So here are my New Year's Resolutions for 2016!

1) Get my Duolingo daily streak in French practise everyday.

I got an A in my French GCSE in 2014, and I promised myself that I would keep up my French - especially as I decided not to take it up at A-level. Unfortunately, life has kind of got in the way so far, so this year I'm determined to use the wonderful Duolingo to do some French practice every day.

2) Find some time to write (your novel, poems or articles) every week.

I wrote a lot more than usual in 2015, but I know I can do better. I think that if I can find some time a week - maybe half an hour, just to write - then I will definitely get more writing done. Or, at least, that's the plan!

3) Try and get your predicted A-level grades, and get into university.

Hopefully if I work hard like last year, I'll get my predicted grades again and get into university to study a degree I'm really excited about studying. Fingers crossed!

4) Write in your new diary every day.

I got a lovely Paperchase diary from my sister for my birthday, and thanks to Jacqueline Wilson's amazing advice when I went to her book launch this year - I'm hoping to try and write in it every night so that I get less and less writer's block.

So that's it - those are my New Year's Resolutions for 2016! Hopefully I keep them up - I guess I'll let you know this time next year! <3

What are your resolutions for 2016? Did you have any for 2015? If so, how did you do in keeping them up throughout the year? Let me know in the comments.

and I hope that everyone of you has a fantastic 2016! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment