Thursday, 13 August 2015

The best books to read on Results Day


Results Day 
The most stressful day for any student, ever.

I've gone through my GCSE results day, and I now have a few more to go, with my AS level results day being today! I know how stressful the day can be, so I've decided to make a list of the best books to read after a results day - whatever your grades.


Whether you've won the lottery with your grades, or not, this is the perfect book to kick-start some awesome daydreaming, and is just a perfect book in general. It follows Lia, a teenager who wins 8 million on the lottery. But does money really make you happy, and solve all your problems? You'll have to read it to find out... It's a really nice, easy read that will really help keep your minds away from your grades - I definitely recommend it. 


What's better than a good fantasy book to keep your minds off of reality for a while? The Hobbit is not only the first book in the Middle-Earth series (it's the prequel to the three books in the Lord of the Rings series) - but it's amazing on it's own too. It's a rich and really in-depth story in a fantasy world that will keep you hooked until the last page. If you haven't read it yet, and even if you have, I really recommend picking this one up on Results Day - going on a journey with Bilbo Baggins is the best way to escape from your grades and school for a while! 


Would you prefer a graphic novel? Granted, I haven't exactly read this yet (I will soon!) but considering it's first three chapters, I know it'll be amazing. Do you like fantasy? dragons? nemeses? Well Nimona has all this, and more. If you'd prefer a quirky, cool graphic novel instead of a book to keep your mind away from Results Day, then Nimona is the one for you. 



Do you like romances, and books about life and people that are so beautiful that you'll love it from the first few chapters? Then you need to read All the Bright Places. You'll be too caught up in Violet and Finch's lives to worry about your own for a while (which is a good thing, considering how stressful Results Day has been!) and you might even end up having a good cry, which might help you, too. If you'd like more reasons to read it, you can check out my review, here.


If you'd prefer a light-hearted, hilarious book about the awkwardness of geek, and just teenage life, that will make you smile then Geekhood is the one for you! It's funny, charming and a great read - if you'd like a good laugh, then you have to pick up Geekhood. Archie is written so well by Robb, that you'll be captivated by his voice by the first page. If you'd like to hear a bit more about it, you can check out my review, here.

So those are the books that I think are the best to read on Results Day. I hope they make your Results Day less stressful, whatever your grades, and best of luck. But whatever happens on the day, remember that your grades don't define you - random letters next to a subject don't always equate the awesome person that you are! 

What do you think of the books I've suggested? Do you have any other suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment