Pages

Sunday, 16 September 2012

The Times newspaper review!

A bit of a random review, I know - but I just had to let my feelings out about this wonderful paper! So I hope you enjoy.

I've actually only just come about this paper (no, I did know about it - but I've never read it before now), for a homework project which was to read a broadsheet newspaper.

And I really do feel like crying because of this. Why hadn't I decided to read this paper sooner? Why?

Well whatever the reason at least I've discovered the paper now, while I'm in my teens, and not while I'm in my early forties or something. (So I have loads more editions to enjoy, obviously!)


The Issue of the paper that I actually read was yesterdays, Saturday 15th September. But since I couldn't find the front cover of that issue anywhere on the internet, here's the papers swanky (and classy and fabulous all at the same time) logo! :)



So why does a fourteen year old girl love The Times after reading one issue?

Here's why.

For one thing, articles about current affairs actually included facts. Now I know being so pleasantly surprised about this isn't really a good thing, but it really was so nice to be able to read an article and to be reassured that
One: I could trust what the article was telling me.
and Two: If I ever discussed the subject of the article with someone I could discuss it properly - and with actual fact to back me up.
This was such a lovely feeling, and if anything important happens, or anything like that - I'm definitely going to get the Times' take on it before anyone else!

Another thing that I really liked about this paper, aside from the brilliant English, grammar, set up of the paper, and millions of other amazing points I could mention, was the fact that they, the people who write for this perfect newspaper - wrote about disabled people. And get this - they were nice. nice. And they didn't even once use the word 'inspiration' when writing about us! Now this actually did make me tear up, and this is also what kind of cinched me wanting buying every single issue of The Times ever in the future. (I'm currently ignoring the fact that I can only afford to buy one issue a week because school supply's are draining my money, but there you go).
But not only did they write about disabled people in one article, oh no.

The film they featured as a breakthrough must-see film was about a disabled person.
The Untouchables is out September 28th worldwide, and thanks to The Times I will move Earth and the Sea to get a ticket to see this phenomenal French film. (Though it's kind of typical that the best film I've ever heard about in my life is out when I don't have any money, and that it probably won't even play in cinemas where I live, oh the joys).
But without The Times I would have no idea that this fantastic, life-changing film is going to be out soon, and for that I thank them. And I also have lots lots more to thank them for, too.

I could actually talk about this paper an awful lot more, and highlight loads more amazing things about it too - this paper really is flawless. I couldn't fault it in the slightest.
But I'll just leave you with this, because if I wrote every single thing I loved about The Times newspaper, I'd just end up describing the whole paper! This newspaper really has changed my life, and my perception of it, too. I'm a big fan already, and I hope to read many more issues of this excellent paper in the future.

So please read and buy this great paper - I'm a big fan of it, so I guarantee that you'll love it too!
Thank you for reading,
W-O-W xoxo
Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, bad spelling ect. Please let me know in a comment so I can fix it! and comments & follows are hugs<3 This is all my opinion. Please no negative comments because of my opinion expressed in these reviews. Thank you! xoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment