Friday, 28 September 2012

An interview.. with Amitay, creator of the quiet place! :)


hello there, everyone! :)



you may remember the post i wrote about the fabulous quiet day that happened a few days ago? <3 (which you can find here if you're interested(:) well i was so, so, so, so unbelievably lucky to be able to interview the lovely and wonderful creator of the amazing and inspiring website the quiet place.



This is such a real honour, as this website has helped me an awful lot in the past, and especially in the past few weeks, and i really, really won't this fantastic website to keep on running for as fast as i can. :') <3 



so i really hope that this terrific interview will get this brilliant website the funds that it deserves, and millions more fans, too!




I also just wanted to thank the kind and practically flawless Amitay for such a great interview! Thank you so much for answering my questions - I am forever grateful for this amazing opportunity and thank you so much for the smashing and life-changing quiet place!!!!
Here is the interview, I really hope that you like it! :)






  • the quiet place truly is a one-of-a-kind gem, what inspired you to start it? :)
    • I, as everyone, live in this overwhelming world that require our attention all the time. I needed a quiet place for myself and I created it.
      I wrote the text, fixed-up some basic javascript and uploaded it for me and my 200 (or so) Facebook friends.


  • when you first started the quiet place, did you think about the amount of followers and fans it would get?
    • In my wildest dreams I couldn't even start to see the amount of love this project will receive! I'm still amazed to see it each and every day!
      Even after the fist "explosion", I was sure it's only a matter of time until it'll be over but a year after, I can clearly see that we're only at the beginning of a long journey.
  • are you a quiet person? :)
    • I think you can say that :)
      Close friends and family already know that my greatest pleasure is to be left alone with my thoughts. I really enjoy the silence and seek it everywhere I can. 

  • i heard that the quiet place is in trouble, how exactly can we save the quiet place? :) <3
    • As the project grows, it cost more and more money to retain it. Like you can see, there are no ads on the site, so apart from small donation here and there, there is no "big money" that will pay the costs. I recently managed to cut the costs by half (!) but I still need help so if you want to help, go to the Indigogo page and donate a couple of bucks. It really helps!
  • what inspired you to start the quiet day, and how can people get involved with this wonderful day?
    • I really wanted to create a specific day for everyone around the world to celebrate quite. I think that over time this day will be a major thing and will help humanity to understand the importance of stopping everything and spending some time with yourself.

  • will there be more quiet days? (i hope so!) :)
    • I hope so too! This year quiet day was a big success and there is already a new event for next year's day.

  • thank you so much for answering all my questions! :) - here is the last one. what's next for the fabulous quiet place? thank you!
    • It really is my pleasure to answer you :)
      The current/next thing is the dreams room - A place that will help you achieve your goals and find your inner quiet. It's open for everyone and tons of residents are already giving receiving comfort to one each other. I am always looking for new ways to improve it and help everyone I can with this room. My dream is that the project will grow and change our world :)


    i'm certain that it will! :) everything you hope to do is so inspiring - I really hope that you achieve everything you wish too -  but I know that you will. thank you ever so, so much for answering all my questions and for agreeing to this interview in the first place, - it's been a pleasure!! thank you for such  thought-provoking and life-changing answers!!! all the very best for the future! :) <3 xoxo 



don't forget to check out the quiet place!!! also be sure to check out the quiet place on Facebook, here! and if you want to find out more about the quiet day, please click here! and PLEASE SAVE THE QUIET PLACE. donate to the quiet place indigogo page, by clicking HERE! there's still time to save this astounding website. <3<3 










Thanks again<3<3

W-O-W xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. The quiet place is great way for anyone to take a little rest from this world of so many things that just keeping getting our mind busy time after time and forget the last time we took a rest ... a real rest
    P.S. The maker of the quite place is my friend : Hi Amitay its Faisal :)
    keep going, keep strong, keep quiet

    ReplyDelete