Sunday, 27 May 2012

Showcase Sunday #2

Hey there everyone!



This is my second Showcase Sunday post, which is hosted by the brilliant Vicky @ Books, Biscuits and Tea. This is basically a post were you can see all the books that I've bought, borrowed or received throughout the past week! I think it's a great idea, so I hope you like it. :)


Received: Won





  • MERCY by Rebecca Lim
I won this on the Facebook page of the fantastic Claire Merle, whose debut novel, The Glimpse, is out in June. (Very excited for that!) But please check out her Facebook page here! She's absolutely lovely, and lives in France! (and I'm not jealous at all..) MERCY also came really quickly considering it had to come from France too! So, Merci Beaucoup Claire! I am very grateful and can't wait to get my teeth into MERCY! :)


  • You, Me and Thing: The Dreaded Noodle-Doodles by Karen McCombie.
I won this book on Karen's website, which can be found here! I entered a competition to win a signed copy, and I won! I am honoured as I have always wanted a personalised signed Karen McCombie book! Thanks so much to Karen and Faber and Faber publishers! :)

And this is the inside..


'For Chloe! With love and huggles, from, Karen McCombie'

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee *ten year old fangirl me flails!* (Yes, I have wanted this since I was ten.. cough..)


Received: To Review

  •  Moa by Tricia Stewart Shiu
  • Statue of Ku by Tricia Stewart Shiu
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of these books as they are e-books, but I can tell you that I have received them because Novel Publicity are looking for bloggers to take part in a blog tour for these two books, and one other, and you can win prizes for just taking part in the blog tour! From money to a Kindle! Also you can win prizes for reviewing them too, so I decided to have a go, (hence receiving them). However, I was worried that I might not have time to review them as exams and assessments are coming up and I'll be really busy, so I contacted them to let them know, and they were so nice about it. :) So, thanks Emlyn and all at Novel Publicity!


Interested in the book tours/reviews for prizes? click here! You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain! Go on! :)


So that's all for my Showcase Sunday this week, I hope you enjoyed it, and see you next week! :)
Thanks for reading!
W-O-W xoxo





6 comments:

  1. I really need to read Mercy some day. That book sounds really good!

    Happy reading :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-sunday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment! :) Yes, it does! I can't wait to read it! :)
      W-O-W xoxo

      Delete
  2. The signed book looks super cute!! :) And I hope you'll enjoy MOA and have fun during the blog tour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment! :)
      Yeah it does, I fell in love with it when I saw it! haha xo and I'm sure I will! It'll be my first blog tour, too. Exciting times!
      W-O-W xoxo
      PS. Apologies for not doing a Showcase today or last week, I've been on holiday, but I'll definitely post one next week!

      Delete
  3. I really want to read Mercy the cover is gorgeous!, great haul :).

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for commenting! :c)
      Yeah, I love it! Probably one of my favourite covers! and thank you, that means a lot. :)
      W-O-W xoxo

      Delete